SEND and InclusionSEND at Immanuel and St Andrew CE Primary
At Immanuel, we believe that every child is unique. We are committed to ensuring that all our children receive an inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum relevant to their needs and ability whilst still fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum. We aim to provide high quality education for all children and encourage every child to reach their individual potential. Our ethos is Excellence for all. Excellence from all.
How do we support children with SEND at Immanuel and St Andrew?
- Promote equal opportunities for all children, celebrate children’s strengths and challenge every child.
- Work in partnership to enable parents and carers to take a supportive role in their child’s learning
- Progress of children is regularly monitored and pupils with SEND are identified early through regular consultation with class teachers, support staff, parents/carers and external professionals.
- Take into the account the views and wishes of the child in how to support their SEND needs.
- Quality First Teaching means the pitch and differentiation of tasks ensure all children are supported and challenged.
- Whole school learning environment meets the needs of all children, with our Sensory floor, Sensory room, Sensory garden, Peace Garden, Library and quiet working spaces.
- Environmental adaptations for all learners. Classrooms are equipped with a visual timetable, distraction free workstation and sensory resources such as move ‘n’ sit cushions, ear defenders and sensory fiddle resources.
- Targeted interventions and accessible learning ensure all pupils with SEND are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. Interventions are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Seek advice, support and staff training from external professionals including Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Educational Psychology, Paediatrics, Lambeth Autism Advisory Service and our school counsellor.
- Specialist equipment, resources and adaptations for individual children as advised by external professionals.
- Individual targets identified and reviewed in SEND Support plans (SSPs) and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
SEND Policy and SEND Information Report
Immanuel and St Andrew Primary School are committed to meeting the needs all children, including children with SEND. Please see our SEND Policy and SEND Information Report for more information.
IQM – CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
We are delighted to have been accredited as a Centre of Excellence from Inclusion Quality Mark (IQM).
How to help your child
What should I do if I am concerned about my child’s progress?
- Initially please speak to your child’s class teacher. The class teacher will know your child well, will share information about their progress and will discuss with you the strategies to support your child in school and at home. We may suggest that your child needs some additional individualised support in school.
- If your child is not making expected progress despite the strategies in place or if you have further concerns, a meeting will be arranged with the class teacher and the SENDCo to explore further ways to support your child.
- The SENDCo may discuss further interventions or referrals to outside professionals which may further help to support your child’s learning.
Support and Advice for Parents and Carers
Here is a list of Lambeth services available to parents and carers of children with SEND to help you to support your child.
Lambeth’s Local Offer: This website shares services that are available in Lambeth for families of children with SEND. https://beta.lambeth.gov.uk/lambeths-send-local-offer/im-parent-or-carer
Information, Advise & Support Service: Lambeth Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS) provides free, impartial and confidential information about education, health and social care for children, young people, and their parents relating to special educational needs and disability. https://www.lambethiass.org.uk/
Speech and Language Services: Speech and Language Services offering advice, resources, referrals and drop in sessions.
Lambeth Autism Advisory Service: Support for parents/ carers of children with Autism. https://beta.lambeth.gov.uk/lambeths-send-local-offer/im-parent-or-carer/specialist-send-support-services/autism-pathway
Occupational Therapy: Support for parents/ carers of children with occupational therapy needs (i.e Self-care, Education and work and Play and leisure activities) https://www.evelinalondon.nhs.uk/our-services/community/community-occupational-therapy/overview.aspx
Sensory support Services: Support for parents/ carers of children with hearing, visual or multi-sensory impairment
Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs): Information on Education, Health and Care Plans.