Our Chaplaincy Team
"Be an example for the believers in your love, speech, faith, conduct and purity." Timothy 4:12
At Immanuel & St Andrew we believe firmly in giving children opportunities to be involved in steering and leading areas across the school. Each year, children from Year 5 to 6 become part of the Immanuel Chaplaincy Team. The team then support the Headteacher and the Faith and Values Lead in promoting the Christian values of the school and planning events throughout the year to celebrate these.
The roles of our Chaplaincy team include the following:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish and community.
- To support the school in its Vision and Mission Statement.
In order to fulfil these roles; our chaplaincy team will…
- Help to prepare worship every half term.
- Organise various charity fund-raising events.
- Provide ideas for Reflection Areas across school.
- Suggest ideas for RE resources.
- Help to lead worship and suggest faith challenges
- Work with other Chaplaincy Teams.
- Promote bible stories.
- Create termly Chaplaincy newsletters for the children and staff.
The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team…
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know, we are here to listen and help!