This page provides you with ways in which you can support and supplement your child’s learning at home.
Our ISA Virtual School is underpinned by the following principles:
- To promote positive mental health and wellbeing
- To focus on developing the whole child
- To continue to develop children's thinking and reasoning skills
- To develop independent learners; pupils to be in-charge of their learning in an age appropriate way enabling parents to work from home where required
- To be innovative and work collaboratively with stakeholders
- To develop a flexible, high quality and safe curriculum that can be accessed by all
- To keep the Immanuel Community spirit going
Follow the video steps below to support you setting up Microsoft Office 365 for your child/children for the first time!
Please remember that it is always important for children to be supervised by an adult when working online.
Step 1 - Setting up Google Chrome
Step 2 - Sign In to o365
Step 3 - Teams, Files and submitting work through Assignments
Other tips to support Home Learning
As well as purchasing books from reputable bookshops online, the following websites are recommended for further materials
- Refer to your child's termly class bulletins and knowledge organisers for relevant topics and ideas
- You may want to create a timetable for your child each day so they are given some structure- example below
- Don’t forget to eat healthily and do some exercise as well as the learning activities
- Things like playing games and talking as a family are also really important for children’s social development
- If you are able, aim to be creative with things around your house for Art and DT – you could use things from your recycling to create an animal or a fantastical creation