Health Information for Parents
This page contains health information that we hope will be helpful to parents.
ParentLine is a messaging service for parents and carers of children at schools in Lambeth and Southwark. Parents and carers can message a school nurse to get confidential advice about their child's health related issues.
Help via text message can be given about a range of issues including:
- emotional health and wellbeing
- keeping healthy
- keeping safe
- growing up
- dental health
- support with medical conditions in school
The service is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm year round, including the school holidays (excluding bank holidays). Texts will be responded to within one working day (an automatic bounce-back will be sent if a message is received out of hours but someone will respond once the service opens).
A text message service is also available for young people, find out more about ChatHealth.
ParentLine and ChatHealth are supported by the Children and Young People’s Health Partnership (CYPHP) which brings together organisations and families in Lambeth and Southwark to improve everyday healthcare for local children and young people.
We might inform someone if we are concerned about the safety of you, your child or someone else but we would usually speak to you first. Your messages are stored and can be seen by other healthcare staff who follow the same confidentiality rules.
We aim to reply to you within one working day and you should get an immediate message back to confirm we have received your text. Texts will only be seen between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you need help before you hear back from us, contact your GP, nearest walk-in centre or dial 111. If it is an emergency call 999 or go to the Emergency Department (A&E).
Our text number does not receive voice calls or MMS picture messages. We support messaging from UK mobile numbers only (which does not include messages sent from landlines, international mobile numbers and some ‘number masking’ mobile apps). To prevent the health professional from sending messages to you, text STOP to our number.
Messages are charged at your usual rates.
USEFUL LEAFLETS FOR PARENTS
HOW TO ACCESS A COVID TEST IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
- ARABIC How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- ENGLISH How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- FARSI How To Access COVID 19 Tests 1
- FRENCH How To Access COVID 19 Tests 1
- ITALIAN How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- PASHTO How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- POLISH How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- PORTUGUESE How To Access COVID 19 Tests 1
- SOMALI How To Access COVID 19 Tests 1
- SPANISH How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- TAMIL How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- TIGRINYA How To Access COVID 19 Tests
- Urdu How To Access COVID 19 Tests