Reception Admissions Arrangements
We are delighted that you are considering enrolling your child here at Immanuel & St. Andrew Church of England Primary School.
Admissions for Reception class are made through Lambeth Council and applications must be completed through their website by Friday 15th January 2021. As a Church School, we are our own Admissions Authority and therefore also require a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) to be completed ONLY IF you are applying under the faith criteria.
In order that your application is processed in accordance with our admission criteria, please note carefully the criteria by which you are planning to apply, and ensure that you have completed the necessary form to ensure that your application can be considered under that criteria. The SIF for those families who are wishing to apply under faith must be returned to the school office by Friday 8th January 2021.
Nursery and In-Year applications are made directly with the school. There are separate tabs on our website that have information about these admissions.
We have published below the admission criteria and you are able to download a copy of the Admissions Policy and SIF.
We will be holding our virtual open mornings in November 2020.
We look forward to meeting you and for you to see our school!
Guidance for completing the SIF for a Reception place (if applying under the faith criteria)
All applicants must complete the separate Common Application Form (CAF) available from your home Local Authority and name this school if you wish to apply for a place here. The CAF should be returned direct to your Local Authority. The CAF must be completed in addition to the Immanuel & St Andrew Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
Completion instructions for the Supplementary Information Form:
Applicants should complete SIF, ONLY if they are applying for a foundation place. The completed forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date (8th January 2021). Failure to return this form will result in any application being considered under the open place criteria.
When completing the SIF, please note:
- Parents / Guardians are required to complete Sections 1,2 and 3.
- Section 4 must be completed by the leader of your church.
- The completed form should be returned to us between September 4th 2020 and 8th January 2021 (at the latest) for a Reception Application.
- This form is to be used to guide the governors of Immanuel & St. Andrew School in admitting children under their Foundation Place criteria.
- The parents/guardians of the child as stated below have applied for admission to Immanuel & St. Andrew Church of England Primary School. This application has stated that they meet our foundation place criteria as follows:
Regular worshipper is defined as a person who has attended church at least fortnightly over the previous 12-month period. In exceptional cases, a person for whom unavoidable circumstances prevented their attending for this frequency and duration may be considered to be a faithful and regular worshipper; the relevant Minister will determine whether, or not, there were unavoidable circumstances. Those who have recently moved to the area and who worshipped previously in a different church will be asked to supply a reference from that church so that the full year period is covered. The governors do not give a higher preference to families where both parents worship.
- To be counted as “qualifying” the church must be a full member of Churches Together in England (www.churches-together.net) or the Evangelical Alliance (www.eauk.org ). Please note that we use the website “A Church near you, Church of England” to determine Parish Boundaries.
- The school is unable to accept any liability for reference forms not returned to us by the above date. If you should wish to check that the form has been received in time, please email Ms. Hamilton, School Administration Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org